Philips Academy is designed specifically for special needs students requiring a life-centered approach to education, our school offers a unique combination of remediation, practical instruction and community-based application.
Appropriate candidates for Philips Academy exhibit the following characteristics:
1. Diagnosis of cognitive delay or developmental disability (low to low-average IQ), or autism spectrum disorder
2. No history of significant behavioral or psychological disorders, but socially naïve
3. Ability to work within a small group and to transition between school and community activities
4. Motivated to work hard and exhibits basic communication skills
5. Family network committed to working with the school
Philips Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religious, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid policies, or employment practices.