Step 1 Initial Inquiry
- Fill out our Online Inquiry form, call 704.365.4533, or email info@PhilipsAcademyNC.org to request an information packet.
- Our office will contact you shortly after receiving your inquiry and guide you through the next steps.
Step 2 Parent Interview and Tour of Philips Academy
- If the student meets our criteria, we will request that both parents meet for a tour of the school and interview.
- Bring a current comprehensive psychological and educational evaluation and a current IEP
- If the student appears appropriate following the parent meeting, the next step is the application.
Step 3 The Application
- Complete the application, the Parent Questionnaire, and sign the Release of Information form.
- Give two of your child’s current teachers or other professionals the Teacher Questionnaire.
- Provide a copy of evaluations and progress reports from outside services, such as counselor, neurological, occupational, speech and language and other therapies not listed.
- Provide current transcript, report cards, Individual Education Plans or 504 Plans.
- Provide Vaccine/Immunization Records.
Step 4 Placement Assessment and Student Classroom Visit
- An in-house assessment of reading, writing, and math skills is administered by our staff.
- The classroom visit allows your child to experience a regular school day in their current grade level. Students experience an abbreviated day 9:00-2:00. Students are expected to participate in all classroom activities.
Step 5 Acceptance and Enrollment Process
Once the application has been processed we will determine if Philips Academy is the right place to serve your child.