Meaningful career development is essential to the independence, self-esteem and personal growth of our students. It opens up an avenue of self-discovery and provides a sense of accomplishment as students explore their individual career path. Through work training opportunities which are matched to ability, interest and strengths, our students are introduced to business attire, workplace etiquette, time management skills and professional conduct.
We rely on local businesses and organizations to help us provide our students with experiences to build critical work skills. Click here to use our online form for more information on how to become a job training partner.
Opportunities for partnering with Philips Academy include:
- Share your knowledge and skills with our students as a guest speaker or volunteer in one of our classrooms
- Conduct one-time educational workplace tours (up to 10 students with Philips Academy staff assisting)
- Extend one-time or short-term job shadowing opportunities for individual or small groups of students (e.g. tour your facility, ask questions, even perform real duties or tasks)
- Provide weekly volunteer opportunities for small groups of students with Philips Academy staff supervision
- Invest in short-term internship experiences for individual students with PA support as needed (6 to 18 weeks)
- Consider long-term paid employment with transitional PA staff support
- Donate a tax-deductible gift to assist Philips Academy in training Charlotte’s future workforce