Now Accepting Applications for 2016-2017
Appropriate candidates for Philips Academy exhibit the following characteristics:
1. Diagnosis of cognitive delay or developmental disability (low to low-average IQ), or autism spectrum disorder
2. No history of significant behavioral or psychological disorders, but socially naïve
3. Ability to work within a small group and to transition between school and community activities
4. Motivated to work hard
5. Family network committed to working with the school
1. Contact Amy Firth at 704.365.4533
or info@PhilipsAcademyNC.org to request an information packet and set up a parent visit
or complete our Online Inquiry Form.
2. Submit completed application along with supporting documentation.
3. A student visit and placement assessment will be scheduled after the application has been reviewed.
Tuition to Philips Academy for the 2015-2016 school year is $8,400-$24,000.
Payment plans, scholarships (up to 50%), discounts, and a NC grant (up to $8,000 per year) are available.
Limited need-based financial aid is available. Eligibility is determined by the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Program. Financial aid applications are available online at www.factstuitionaid.com.
Philips Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religious, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid policies, or employment practices.